Camping in the Living Room – dt layout for Let’s Capture These Sketches #127

For Let’s Capture These Sketches #127 I got to work with a fabulous Natalie Roy sketch. For my take on it, I decided to break out my stamps and inks and make my own background. Lately I’ve been craving time to do some art journaling, so I think that influenced where I took the layout. Unfortunately, when I went to take a pic of it though, my photos all came out looking either washed out or too dark. Direct sunlight = washed out and indirect sunlight = dark. I settled for a pic I took of it taped to the refrigerator! lol The glare on the left of photo on the tent is from the kitchen window, not my flash. Here’s what I came up with:

Materials:

AC white cardstock
Distress Ink
Pitt Artist Pen
Stazon Ink
Fancy Pants stamps
Pink Paislee wood alphas
Dusty Attic Grass Cluster #1 (from the STTG Store)
Acrylic paint
OA mini market alpha stickers
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist

Adhesives:

Helmar Premium Craft Glue

This is Natalie’s awesome sketch:

TFL!

Scrapbook Challenges Layouts – First Post on the New Blog

Sorry I’m a little late posting these. Since I was working on transfering content from my previous blog to this one, I wasn’t trying to add new posts in the interim, so my next few posts are just to catch up.

Scrapbook Challenges hosted a really fun Sizzling Summer event last month. It started with the Seasons of Change Hop On that I posted about previously then continued with 15 different sketches posted through the month (one new one each day M-F, then you had the last week to catch up on any sketches you missed). Though I didn’t do them all, I did have a lot of fun playing along and finished the month long event completing 8 of the 15 additional sketches. Below are 2 very different lo’s I created using very different styles. They were the first 2 I completed for the event.

This one really challenging for me since I don’t typically doodle on my layouts and Nat’s style is very unique. I was very inspired by her sketch and example (she was even nice enought to include a tutoral on how she created hers!) and loved working beyond my comfort zone. Thanks Nat! Here’s what I came up with:

If you have any questions about what materials were used, I’d be more than happy to let you know, just contact me with any questions. The bg paper is MME Stella & Rose, the tissue paper is 7 gypsies, the frame is Webster’s Pages, the drops I used for rain are by Robin’s Nest. All adhesives were by Helmar. Here’s the sketch it was based on:

I went very CAS (clean and simple) for the next one:

Again, since I’m posting something I created weeks ago, I’m not including a full materials list, but if you have any questions, I’m easy to contact. ๐Ÿ˜€ The papers and embellies are Teresa Collins Sports Edition II, I used an Epiphany punch and epoxy circle for the baseball embellie. All adhesives were by Helmar. The 450 Quick Dry made it a breeze to attach that bit of mesh trim on the photo, btw! ๐Ÿ˜€ Here’s the sketch my layout was based on:

Over the next couple of days, I’ll be posting 6 more layouts based on the Scrapbook Challenges sketches from last month. TFL!

Paper Secret’s May Challenges

The May challenges have been posted on Paper Secrets. Enter any or all of the 4 challenges to be entered to win the monthly prize! One is a card sketch challenge with a twist. The twist is to use a bare chipboard piece on your project and alter it in some way. For my card, I used a Maya Road butterfly and coated it with a Viva Pearl Pen (kind of like liquid pearls). Here’s what I came up with using Webster’s Pages, new Trendsetter 6×6 papers, bloomer, trims, pins, and their sparklers from last year:

Another is a layout challenge based on a pagemaps sketch. I combined it with a “something old/something new” challenge on Sketches4All that also required you to add sparkle and dimension to your project. For this one, I went with MME’s original Lush line (the light blue patterned paper, trim and brads) and mixed it with Lush 2 (the fuchsia and navy papers and journaling spot). The buttons were also old, as were the WP and Cosmo Cricket alphas for the title. Here’s how it turned out:

The journaling is just explaining how incredulous we were when when Matthew was an infant (he was early too) and Madison was a year old (90th percentile for height and weight), how often we were asked if they were twins. Ha! ๐Ÿ˜€

The last example I have is for the stash/supply challenge. For this month, all you need to do is use 3 or more rubons on your project. For mine, I used a Kraft base, scraps for the matting, American crafts trim, yarn from my stash, and Bo Bunny rubons. Since I wanted to add dimension w/the rub-on images, I adhered them to plain cardstock, fussy cut them, then popped them up with foam dots. Here’s my example:

The overall design was a scraplift challenge on another site. The fourth challenge is a manufacturer challenge. This month’s featured manufacturer is Glitz. Unfortunately, I do not have any of Glitz’s fab products, so I wasn’t able to create an example for this challenge. Hope you stop by and join in on some of the great new challenges and don’t forget, we have a wonderful event scheduled to take place this Saturday, May 7, 2011 (National Scrapbooking Day), as well as the Scrap Your A** Off contest starting May 13th (sign up before May 12th to join in). HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE! ๐Ÿ˜€