Altered Webster’s Pages Color Crush Planner – Creative Embellishments

I’ve used a planner to keep myself organized most of life, but had gotten away from relying on one the last few years. Then I saw a deal on Blitsy that I couldn’t pass up! I’ve been a long-time fan of Webster’s Pages and love their Color Crush Planners, so I grabbed the pink one while I could (I think they have A5 sized ones coming out early to mid November, btw). 😀 WP is best known to me as a scrapbooking company, so I decided to have a little fun with it! I had a lot of fun combining my love of scrapping with the awesome Creative Embellishments products I get to work with! 😀 I just added a few fussy cut images from Graphic 45’s Happy Haunting paper line from a few years back and here’s what I came up with:

oct divider

Here’s an altered divider from the planner. It’s paper weight, so I gesso’d the page before staining the border with Distress Stain and splattering it with a few Tattered Angels mists in coordinating colors and some India ink. See that flair button peeking out at the top? I made paper clips using CE’s awesome flair buttons. Isn’t it adorable?!! I altered my wood veneer pieces with a mixture of acrylic paint, India Ink, Distress Stains and TA mists.

Here’s how it looks in the planner:

oct open to divider

 

I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to do with the pockets in the front cover, but then I thought of CE’s fabulous 3″ x 4″ wood cards! They’re great for pocket pages, project life and cards, but I decided to alter the Halloween one for that space. I just adhered a folded piece of cardstock to the back so I could slip that into the pocket to hold my wood piece in place. 😀 To alter it, I filled all the etched portions of the piece with glossy accents to help prevent the color from bleeding. I then colored in the moon portion with a PITT marker. I laid a quarter over the moon (perfect size!) to use as a mask and misted the rest of the card. It didn’t photograph well, but looks really cool irl. 😀

Here’s how it turned out along with 2 of the other paper clips I made with the CE flair buttons:

oct inside cover full

 

A closer view:

oct inside cover

 

I hope you enjoyed my project! Be sure to check out the Creative Embellishments store to take advantage of their 30% off SALE going on RIGHT NOW! The sale ends tonight at 11:59 PM ET!

The awesome CE pieces I used on this project (click the pic to be taken to the store listing)…

happy-halloween-3-x-4-card-251-600x600autumn-leaves-set-of-6-108-600x600pumpkins-146-600x600ghosts-set-of-6-274-600x600halloween-scene-2-248-600x600Trick-or-Treat-800x800

Advertisements

Caught in my Web – dt layout for Creative Embellishments

It’s Thursday, so I’m up on the Creative Embellishments blog sharing this layout. Hope you can stop by and check it out! 🙂 This week I created a Halloween themed layout using a lot of gorgeous Creative Embellishments chipboard and wood pieces. I adore working with their fabulously intricate designs…so much FUN!…and have been amazed by the new designs being added each week! Did you know new pieces are added almost every day?

I’m actually backlogged on a few years worth of Halloween pics and was thrilled to see the variety of titles and designs Nicolle and Mike have been coming up with. This particular Halloween, I just had the 3 youngest kids with me and Larry was running late at work. He ended up joining us further down the street which was another fun surprise for the kids since they weren’t expecting him to catch up with us. 😀 Here’s what I came up with combining the CE designs with a sketch from Purple Pumpkin.

 

Caught in my Web

Here’s a close up of the web and spider piece from the Caught in my Web set. I altered it by dabbing it with white distress stain, then coating the web parts with stickles and filling in the spider with a Pitt big brush marker:

Caught in my Web detail 1

I altered the Spider Web Flourish Border the same way, but applied Art Anthology dimensional crystal to the flourishes with a brush. Instead of using a sweeping motion, I created more interest by dabbing it with the tip of the flat brush to create peaks:

Caught in my Web detail 3

Here’s a close up of the cluster I created by snipping a section off of the Web Panel and layering it with wood cuts. I used 2 of the Autumn Leaves and a Pumpkin. I altered the leaves using acrylic paint and the pumpkin using a mixture of acrylic paint and Art Anthology dimensional crystal:

Caught in my Web detail 4

The title piece was altered using distress stain and I applied stickles only to the words Caught and Web. The bats were altered with black acrylic paint which was dabbed on thickly with the side of my brush to give them a bit of texture:

Caught in my Web detail 2

Materials:

Creative Embellishments Caught in my Web chipboard set
CE Spider Web Flourish Border
CE Web Panel
CE Autumn Leaves Wood Cuts
CE Pumpkins Wood Cuts
CE Going Batty Wood Cuts
American Crafts cardstock
Graphic 45 Happy Haunting patterned paper
Krylon webbing
May Arts trim
cheesecloth from my stash
Tim Holtz distress stain and stickles
Art Anthology Dimensional crystal
acrylic paint
Pitt big brush marker
Tim Holtz die

The wonderful October Purple Pumpkins sketch I worked with:

purple pumpkin oct

TFL! If you’d like to play along w/the Purple Pumpkins sketch challenge, CLICK HERE!